I am so grateful for that amazing email that Dad wrote me, it almost brought tears to my eyes it was so inspiring and moving. It is pretty funny to see "Hey brat," in my inbox. I do appreciate the in-depth letter. Enough ragging on your expert journalism (see that I can insult and compliment at the same time.) I really do appreciate the letters here though, it is nice knowing what is going on back home. Just make sure that you tell me the football scores for the KSU games.
Oh and Pres. Irion said to call him about my visa situation, so I might email ya'll later today. He also could be messing with me as he does have a sense of humor. Actually there is a pretty good story behind that too. Pres. Irion is an OBGYN and an Elder had a sharp pain in his side. So he called Pres. about it as he is doctor asking what he should do. He said "well I would normally prescribe birth control pills but I don't think that is appropriate in this situation."
This week was pretty humbling. It seemed like every appointment we had fell through and only about 5% of the doors we knocked on answered and none of them would listen to us. I have really been trying to have a good mood besides all of this and I think it is starting to wear off on the people we do talk to. I have also learned how to ask enough questions that even if they don't want to talk to us I can keep them at the door for a couple minutes. Maybe that is why nobody answers, because they are all so annoyed of us and word has gotten around. We also had transfers this week and let me say something. My trainer is pretty great. We went with the District Leader and I felt like we were teaching him. He actually said at the end of it that he was impressed with us and he actually wants to try asking more questions.
This week was just kind of a normal week. Other than the awesome sign that we found randomly on the sign of the road. It was pretty far up the road almost to the point where we heard banjos. It said, "please do not dump dead animals." This sign did make me giggle a little bit. I want to take a picture of me laying in front of it so bad. Other than that it has been great. Oh and I have recently discovered the greatness of Bruce R McConkie. My companion for Halloween wants to get an Elder McConkie tag and get the Bruce glasses and go around all day saying "There is no salvation in believing false doctrine."
Love,
Elder Saueressig
No comments:
Post a Comment