Saturday, December 7, 2013

Week 25....Mogi Mirum, Brazil

Sorry that I wasn´t able to write you guys for a little bit, but we had tons of meetings to go to. It´s a little stressful here too with my companion being a leader and all.

I know that I am just a kid still but I feel like I have learned a ton about the exact same things that you are going through. I love a talk by president Eyring. He says that, "when my body begs for rest, I give myself this rallying cry, remember him!". I have used this phrase so much as my mission is a mission of spiritual, physical and emotional exhaustion. I have to remember that too. My advice is just to keep carrying on and the Lord will tell you what to do. I remember one time we missed a bus to an area and my companion and I were devastated because this meant we had to wait 2-3 more hours for the next one. We were sitting there and one person asked us what we do because of our name tags. We told her we are missionaries and ended up teaching her the first lesson. I´ll write more in just a little bit but I want you to know that my prayers are with you.

later the same morning Elder Zachary continued his email....with pictures

Wow, this week was definantly an interesting one. To start things off I woke up Tuesday morning and my eye was almost swollen shut. What made it even better was that we had District meeting that morning and our mission president and his wife were there. So since it´s almost Christmas time they took pictures of our district to show at our mission Christmas party. It was pretty funny though I made sure to tell my president that it was my companion that punched me. Sister Perroti was really good though. I think she was alot more worried than I was. She made me take some medicine which I took and literally passed out in 30 minutes. I then slept for 13 hours straight. After that I woke up and my eye was still the same and was actually spreading to the other. So I got to make the trip to Campinas to go to a hospital that was really sweet, get a shot and take more medicine. I think it was that I have an alergy to my pillow. It was a pretty funny experience but the sad thing is we lost 2 days of work becuase of this.

Other than that this week was pretty good. Since they don´t have Thanksgiving I had to make my own food. I made a good ole´ hamburger and fries just like we did at home. While it was definantly good it wasn´t the fried wild turkey that I would´ve had at home. Oh well, it´s a small price to pay for all I'm learning.
 
We had several conferences with President and learned a ton this week. We are changing the mission a lot now. President said that the general authorities are talking alot more about working with less actives. They said that the missions that are baptizing the most are working alot with less actives. Now we have a goal that we will work 15 hours every week just with less actives. The general authorites also said that we should only help with the missionary work and that the branch or ward should be the one that is actually working. I am really excited about this because this is exactly how I was feeling about Mogi Mirim. I am really excited to see how our mission will change.
 
This week I got the oppurtunity to serve with an American that has 2-3 weeks in the field. It was really cool to see how much I´ve grown as I watched him teach and try to talk. It is so cool to think that 6 months ago I didn´t know Portuguese. I also got to see an Elder that will leave in less than 3 weeks bear his testimony. I know this missionary pretty well after being my Zone leader for 3 transfers. I know that he really did work hard on his mission and he has so much power when he teaches and knowledge too. It really made me reflect and think if I´m doing all I can now, especially that my mission is 1/4 of the way over. Anyways, enough of the sob story. I love you guys tons and pray for yah. Take care
Love,
Elder Zachary

 

No comments:

Post a Comment