Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 35....Mogi Mirum

This week was pretty good but as always it went by super quick. The state where I´m serving, São Paulo, has been having really bad problems with heat recently. For all of you guys back home that would probably be nice for a little bit. It has been almost 100 degrees during the day and hasn´t rained in almost 2 weeks. This means that it is only getting hotter and hotter. It litterally feels like I´m walking into an oven when I step out of the shade. Also the sun is shining directly on our area because there is literally not a cloud in the sky. So it made it really dificult to work hard this week and my companion got sick this week too. Also this week we had Stake Conference. It was super good but we also lost alot of time with it.
 
The work is really moving forward here. We didn´t have a baptism last week but this week for sure we will be having one. Our investigator had a date marked for last Saturday but she was super sick the days before. We really didn´t think to call her. We figured out that after that she wanted to get a ride to Stake Conference to be baptized. She is super firm. Also her daughter has cerebral palsy so she can´t walk but she is super awesome and wants to be baptized. She just has a problem walking but she can think so we asked the Bishop and he said yes.
This week we will have transfers. I figured out yesterday that I will stay in the glorious, marvelous city of Mogi Mirim. At the end of my next transfer I will have 7 months in the same area. It is crazy to think that. Time is flying by so quick here. I was thinking that I would change cities and actually I had one suitcase packed and ready to go but I guess the Lord has other plans for me. Alot of other Elders think that I will be Bishop here or Patriarch if I stay a little bit longer. Also the Elders that I live with from Mogi Guaçu thought that I would leave too. So they decided to get all the pranks out before I left. This picture is them with my ties before they hid them all but luckily I can stay and teach them the meaning of the word revenge. One likes to steal our food from the refridgerator so I´m think that Laxatives in the orange juice or in the water sounds good (puts a new meaning to don´t drink the water.) Anyways love you guys a ton and stay warm (feels weird to say that.)
 
Love,
Elder Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment