Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 38....Mogi Mirum

Time is flying by. I only have 12 more weeks till I am halfway done with my mission. I also got some good news. My companion from the MTC has been waiting for his visa and he just got his visa. It would definantly be ironic if I were to train him. I am super excited to see him and any others that could be coming to the wonderful and great country Brazil.

I am really starting to love this place. I feel totally comfortable speaking the language and with the culture here. I also love the people and after 6 months knowing the same people, I feel like they are my family. I love to look at how much I have grown and have gotten better. To think that 6 months ago I could say very little and 9 months ago I didn´t know anything in Portuguese. Right now it is almost hard to speak in English and I am forgetting words. Actually, the other day we had a meeting with Elder Evans and I went to ask a question but I couldn´t remember how to say commitments. Then the translator that was translating helped me remember. It was a little embarasing.
 
We are expecting the baptism of Ashley this week. I have been saying that for almost 3 weeks but we are going to have her interview this week. Also this week was the start of carnaval so it was a little crazy. I saw alot of things that I really didn´t need to see but that is part of carnaval. I think the closest thing to it back home would be fake patty´s day and country stampede. This week we are returning back to our house at 7 till the end of carnaval.
 
This week was a little tough. I am really feeling the stress of being Senior. It is tough because I try to let my companion help but when he doesn´t want to it makes it difficult. Also I have had alot of time in the same area so creativity in finding new people is starting to lack. I will continue doing what I know till I find something different that works better. Also, I am going to ask the rest of our Zone how they find new people. It is a little tough because the people in my city are super closed till you get to know them. In fact the only people that we have found making contacts are people from other areas. In my struggles, I have grown more and have to listen more. I don´t like trials but we don´t learn anything without them. I´ll just remember something that I heard from a family that I miss so much from Wamego. Fake it till you make it. I love you guys so much. Stay safe

Love,
Elder Zachary
P.S. If you want to hear some awesome brazilian music look up Gusttavo Lima, Fui Fiel. We hear a ton of music walking on the street and I think this is my favorite.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment