Monday, September 16, 2013

Week 14...Campinas, Brazil

This week was pretty awesome and I don´t know even where to start. I guess I can start with the most awesome part. We had a baptism yesterday. It was pretty cool because she is the first person that I have taught from the beginning all the way to the baptism. It was really cool because a lot of other missionaries have tried but no success.
 
Also we found a family knocking doors and we found 7 new investigators in one lesson. It was pretty funny because I said that I have a family in the US and they freaked out because they figured out I was from the US. Then they started asking me questions like how we say their names in English.
 
I also found two other things since I´ve been here. One is the annoying bird that sits right outside our house and makes tons of noise. Unfortunately guns are illegal and I´m not allowed to have a paintball gun or else it would have not been making noise along time ago.
 
The other is cows. Strangely enough I have not seen cows in Brazil till yesterday. We were walking home and they just came walking from a side road. It was strange because nobody was with them. Then they started following us. I don´t know why but it made it really funny because my companion is scared of them. All I heard was, "Oh fetch, Oh fetch, Elder Saueressig Corre." (corre means "run). Then I saw him take off as I just casually walked with a herd of cows behind me.
 
Oh other good news. Since it is getting hotter here it means that our showers are getting hotter too. No more cold showers! Well, till next year at least.
 
Ah Sim Hein! I´m hoping there will be three more Elder Saueressig´s at least, after me (that means Derek, Will and Dad).  I really hope that he (Derek) does serve a mission. It is definitely tough though. I have had days already where I feel like Satan is just laughing at me but when we have good days it makes all the bad days go away. Sometimes you are only faced with two options, laugh or cry. Sometimes you do the first so much that you end up doing both but a positive attitude is really what makes a good missionary.
 
I´m pretty jealous of Abby getting the opportunity to have Elder Holland come (I don´t know if that makes sense).  Oh well, we´ll all get to hear from him in a little bit (with General Conference coming up in October). Love ya´ll so much and pray for you guys.
 
Com muito Amo
Elder Saueressig

 

No comments:

Post a Comment