As for this week, it was really tough. Right now we are having problems with our area. We opened the area so we don´t have a house there and we have to ride the bus everyday. This makes it so we have to leave the area early and return early too. So we can´t work like we want to and we can´t study like we want to also. This makes it really tough because we have received referals except we can only contact them at night but we have to leave early. We have been waiting 5 weeks for a house now and all we can do is wait for the office to process the paperwork. It is really a test to stay positive but I have to remember how far I´ve come and how hard I´ve worked to be here.
Now that I´m done with that part I can talk about all the good things that I´ve experienced. Yesterday (actual P-day), we went to Campinas for my I.D. While we were waiting to receive the paperwork, I noticed that a couple infront of me was speaking English. So I asked him where he was from. He said he was from Georgia, his wife was from Brazil, and that he was going to be living here permantely. It was crazy though because as I was talking to him it was actually difficult to talk in English. Also I was trying to tell my companion about the foods that we have in America and I still can´t remember the name of the food that I love. It has a fried tortilla, beans, hambuerger, lettuce, and cheese. Anyways, I have been able to see how much my language is improving everyday. (Elder Saueressig is referring to a Montery - his favorite dinner that he asked for regularly when living at home. It is a Grandma Diane creation.)
Brazil is starting to grow on me. The things that were strange are now starting to become normal. I am actually liking rice and beans every meal. It was nice this week though because we didn´t have lunch with a family one day this week and we got to have pizza and we made orange juice. Let´s just say it was super good to have it again. Even though it was a "cardboard" pizza and not from a resturant. The other picture are of salgados which I talked about last week. I don´t really have any crazy stories this week. I think it´s because I´m used to all the "crazy" things now. Anyways love you guys and pray for you guys everynight. Take care
Love


No comments:
Post a Comment