Well this last week I was on splits with an American Elder that had literally 2-3 days in the mission and knew no Portuguese. I was really nervous because I still have problems understanding when they use words I don´t know but, we had lunch with a family and I could talk with the members. Yeah there was awkward moments, but, it really helped my confidence with the langauge. I am starting to be able to joke with the people and gaining a sense of humor again. I feel like by the time this transfer is over, I will be able to talk and understand without any problems.
I am starting to really love Brazil. I love the weather most of the time. It is normally 80-90 during the day and 60-70 at nights with rain thrown in there every now and then. The bad news is the weather is opposite in Brazil. During December it is the hottest part of the year. So it is only getting hotter from here on. Also air conditioning is super rare here. It is normally found only in stores with expensive clothes. I am also learning to love the food. I haven´t had to eat too many strange things yet. I had some food that was questionable at the beginning but I decided it was best not to ask what it was.
They are missing some foods that I crave every now and then. For example, they don´t have peanut butter, maple syrup, and don´t use alot of cinnamon. They have foods though that make up for it. For example last week we were walking and we found a mango tree. I actually got to pick a mango off the tree and eat it. It was pretty awesome.
This week has also been alot better for our work too. We are starting to creat a pool of investigators. It has been really hard to find people in the past but my companion has been using my Portuguese to get people to talk to us. I am really excited for this transfer and I think we will have lots of success. Anyways love you all and know that I´m praying for you.
Love,
Elder Saueressig


No comments:
Post a Comment