Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 19...Campinas, Brazil

This week was really tough but ended pretty good. This week it literally rained for 5 days of it so it is really tough to work when the water is knee deep in the streets. It literally was knee deep in some parts but was pretty cool. It is funny because it doesn´t rain even close like it does at home. It is just that it is alot more hilly here and the streets aren´t designed very well. Also when it rains it´ll rain for 20 minutes then rest for 2 hours then rain again so you can´t tell when it will pour. Anyways it was kind of tough but we had alot of fun.

I feel like all I talk about is my Portuguese but literally that is my life right now. It has been developing like crazy lately. It may help that I live with only 3 other Brazilians. It is really weird because ocasionally we will come across a Brazilian who knows a little English and wants to speak English with me. I can´t tell the difference right now between English and Portuguese. I can understand both and it takes me a little bit to switch to English again. So when Christmas comes expect there to be a little delay while my brain flops back to English. Also I have learned piano on my mission to. It is crazy how the Lord has blessed me. I play piano sometimes in sacrement meeting. I can play almost any song out of the simplified version of the hymnal.
 
Time is really starting to fly. I think I am finally getting used to the missionary life and starting to get used to Brazil. I think I will probably be transfered to another area because it seems when I get comfortable is when I have to move. Anyways love you and pray for you guys. Stay safe.
 
Also on a side note if you haven´t sent my package yet I would appreciate it if you sent stick deoderant and lots of it. They don´t have it down here. They only have aerosol (which is expensive) and the kind with the metal ball. Do you have a picture of the fish? (I'd told Zac about the newly discovered moster sized arapiama fish found in the Amazon And we know Zac loves fishing!!!!) I saw two guys fishing the other day and one had a fish on his pole and it about killed me when we had to keep walking but right now I´m fishing for other things.(clever eh?)
 
Love,
Elder Saueressig


 

No comments:

Post a Comment