Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 2...at the MTC

So another great week here at the MTC. This week has flew by.
 
We just finished teaching our first investigator. His name was Edgar. It was pretty intimidating knowing little Portuguese and it only being our second day but luckily God has blessed me with an amazing companion. He took 6 years of Spanish and he is learning Portuguese really fast.
 
I honestly was getting really frustrated with myself and was in a bad mood. Then I decided that it doesn't do any good to be mad so I decided to get to work and study the language. A couple of days ago something just clicked. Now I can make sentences in Portuguese and can figure out how to get around the words I don't know. I know that I couldn't have done that myself and know that the Lord is helping me.
 
We just got our new investigators and I think that our teacher is trying to challenge us because our new investigators are Atheist and they both act like they really don't want us in there teaching them. Maybe its because we are butchering there language. Also side note if you ever are speaking Portuguese don't confuse pecados with pescados. One is sins and one is fish and I definitely mixed the two up during one of our lessons and It sounded like "Through the Atonement we all can be forgiven of our fish."
 
Yes I'm singing in next weeks broadcast, but there are going to be so many missionaries and members that it'll be hard to find me.
 
To dad: Happy Fathers Day. As a gift I'll share a little scripture with you. Proverbs 20:29
 
Quote of the week comes from Our search for happiness, If you really concentrate on trying to walk the way he walked loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way, One day you'll look up and discover that his path has led you directly to the throne of god.- M Russel Ballard I also have been studying a lot of Elder Holland's talk and I love his talks "Because of your faith" and "lord I believe" they are amazing and I encourage you to read them. I got the package and I love you all so much. I appreciate all your prayers and I know that god is watching our for me.
Tudo Bem
Elder Saueressig

No comments:

Post a Comment