So today is the last day in the MTC. Tomorrow at 2:30 I head over to the travel office so I can make the 6 am flight. I am super excited and so ready to pick up the accent. Just kidding, I hope I'm not there long enough to really do that. Although I don't plan on being there too long I want to give it my all while I can.
The PE instructor gave us great words of wisdom. He being a 20 something year old man compared us to Navy Seals how we just get in there and get out. He said the same thing happened to him too when he was supposed to go to Brazil. I'll be traveling with three other people tomorrow from our zone so at least this time I won't be all alone.
We are so busy right now trying to get everything packed and ready to go. So far I have been able to keep it all in one suitcase and still be under 50 lbs, unlike my companion who had 2 suitcases that were 50 pounds exactly and still had to cram his backpack full.
The news on the visas is sounding really good. We had 8 people get theirs today and it sounds like things are really starting to speed up. It seems like the DC consulate is processing theirs the quickest. If I wasn't on a mission I'd make a joke about how it's surprising that DC does anything, but since I'm a missionary that is a no go.
I'm so ready for the change and have a difference in schedules from week to week. I love you all so much and thank you for the prayers. I know that I have been blessed and that the Lord truly cares about us.
On Sunday night we had a testimony meeting and I think everyone cried except me and one other kid in our district. Then we finished off with "God Be With You Till We Meet Again" which was a pretty bad choice because we couldn't keep a tune because everyone (except me) was crying.
This week I learned:
- The gift of tongues truly works
- God answers all prayers
- Change is hard
- The spirit truly does guide us
Once again I am so thankful to all of you and am thankful for the love and support all of you provide. I truly know that this church is true and that he loves and cares about everyone of us. I have been able to see that so much more as I serve him every second I'm awake.
I love you all and pray for you every night. I am so grateful for this opportunity to learn and to grow. I hope I can learn as much as I have learned in the last 6 weeks at the same speed for the rest of my mission.
Com muito Amo
No comments:
Post a Comment