Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 4...at the MTC

Wow, already week 4. Almost 5% of the way done. This week flew by and we have 2 weeks left in the MTC.
 
I have noticed now when I write that my brain doesn't want to write in English or if it does I'll think of a word and start to write it in English and switch languages halfway through.
 
This week has been interesting. We got an atheist to agree to baptism and believe in god and we also got an agnostic to pray. This might not seem like much but I might have hugged the investigator when he said yes.
 
We got to help clean the temple this morning because they are doing renovations and I got to be security. In other words I got to sit in a chair and scan peoples' temple recommends. It was pretty intense.
 
The weeks are starting to blur together now and not much new is happening. We are also hearing a lot from other peoples families about the riots that are going on in Brazil. It makes me wonder if that is why we are having visa problems. They said it was all over a .10 raise in bus prices and the price of the world cup tickets.
 
Our district is really growing as a family it is cool learning about their backgrounds and how much they love their states.
 
I talked to Elder Honey this week which was pretty cool seeing somebody I actually knew. He is going to Brazil too but we aren't in the same zone.
 
We also had an amazing devotional Sunday night and this is what I learned.
  • It's my mission not anyone else's
  • Every mission is a baptizing mission
  • You must be your first convert
  • Listen to the spirit, which isn't that hard because it's always speaking
  • my testimony is the only unique message that I have
  • Bringing back is as important as baptizing
  • If we really want to be like god we will serve his children as that's all he does
  • we often underestimate the kingdom of god
  • Our side will win
Scripture of the week: Alma 29:1-4
  
Com Muito amo
Elder Saueressig

No comments:

Post a Comment