Once again another busy week at the MTC. Time is flying by. This week we are preparing to leave the MTC and reviewing all that we have learned. Everyone is getting super excited and sad at the same time. We haven't heard if we have our visas yet or not, we figure that out on Thursday when reassignments come in. I'm feeling pretty confident mine is coming in but I won't know for sure till I get the letter saying I'm going to Brazil or serving state side for a couple months.
I love teaching in Portuguese now because while it isn't perfect I don't have to plan everything I want to say and I can answer questions now. I just know when I finally get down there that I'll have no clue what they are saying.
So the MTC is pretty mellow so I don't have any cool stories yet but I'm sure they are coming. I just hope they don't involve dogs especially being bitten by one. It is pretty funny though because we watched a video on health and how to stay healthy down there. It said that we shouldn't eat from street vendors and our teacher is telling us that we have to eat from street vendors because they have some of the best food. I'm sure the parasites in them just add extra flavor.
It's kind of funny at the MTC because I've only been here for 5 weeks but I feel like I have senioritis. Then I'll get to start all over again being a greenie and all.
I also found my new favorite scripture this last week which is Alma 26:12. I read the entire Livro de Mormon in the last month and wrote down my favorite scriptures and then reread those scriptures and this one is my favorite.
This Sunday was also fast and testimony as you would probably know and as soon as it opened up I think the entire zone stood up to bear their testimonies. So I didn't get a chance but oh well I will have many more opportunities and I do it every day anyways. We also got to watch Characteristics of Christ by David A Bednar this week. If you get a chance, you have to watch this talk. The things I learned from it are:
- What really sets us apart from Christ is in times of struggle he turns out while we turn in
- I need to get myself(natural man) out of the way when I teach
- "there would be no atoning sacrifice without the character of Christ"
- people are converted not because of what we say but what they felt
- when you don't think it is possible and there is now way you can do it, you're right but through Christ you can.
- Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary use words
This talk was super powerful and after listening to it I felt the desire to be more like Christ and to read and study the scriptures.
That same Sunday we also had a mission conference and got to hear from all the mission presidency. They talked about using technology out in the field and that they have been doing that at the MTC for the last year with those that aren't physically able to serve. Pres. Nally said that they average 100 baptisms a year and one Elder that did it said that he had one investigator that traveled to Salt Lake from Arizona so he could be baptised from him. There is also only 13 missionaries that do this. I doubt it will affect us too much in Brazil but it is awesome seeing the work of the Lord move forth so rapidly.
I love you all so much. I miss you but I've noticed the harder I work the less that I think about things back at home. Also I think I figured out how to fuel inject a two stroke engine more efficiently than what has been done but that's another subject. I'll make sure to send a bunch of letters as soon as I figure out where I'm going and when. Thanks for all the prayers and love that you all have shown me. I can tell that I have been blessed and that there is no way that I could speak the language like this without the Lords help.
Com Muito Amo
Elder Saueressig
No comments:
Post a Comment