To start things I live with three Brazilians, which I think I have said a lot, but one of them is really new. He has just over 1 month on the mission. Today he went to Campinas to have an interview with President because he is thinking about returning home. It is tough because we try to help him but he doesn´t want to listen. This has been weighing on my mind a lot because I don´t want to see another Elder return to his house early.
Also this week was pretty crazy. We were going to a city that is about 1 1/2 hours away from our house. While we were riding in the car we noticed a car infront of us. He started to swerve to the middle of the road. He then went into the median and hit a concrete slab and the car flipped in the air and landed on the side. It was crazy to actually see it happen and I can see it over and over again in my mind. I think the man driving was sleeping because I didn´t notice break lights when he was heading into the median. We then stopped the car and went to see if they were alright. It was a couple and they both responded. The ambulance came about 5 minutes later and everything was alright but it made me reflect on my life and truely how fragile our lives are. It also made me question my testimony of the plan that God has for us. After this we went to do the interview and the man didn´t arrive because his son had problems with his wife. It seemed like everything we did had opposition that night. I am grateful for all the prayers that I receive and really saw that night that God is watching over me.
I am really excited though for Christmas. It is crazy here because the cites go all out for Christmas. The centers of the cities here are covered in Christmas lights and Santa Clauses. Also the Christams presents are starting to roll in from the members here. Anyways enough about me. Take care and I love you guys so much
Love,
Elder Zachary


No comments:
Post a Comment