Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 30....Mogi Gaucu, Brazil

We were taking a lot of pictures on our last day here all together here in Mogi Guaçu. I noticed that there was a little blue ball on two parts of the river. I don´t know if it was the same or someone threw a lot of balls in the river.

I think this was the first slow week that I have had since the MTC. This week was pretty tough. To start off my companion left me and is now in the office. It was tough to see him go. After being with him for almost 4 months, I have grown to like that kid. He was really good and I learned a ton from him. Since my companion left that means that I need to get a new one. I was really thinking that I was going to train but I guess the Lord has other plans for me. I think with this path that I´m on I´ll learn a lot more than training an Elder.

I received an Elder Thursday and his name is Elder LaFont. He is from Chile and has one less transfer than me. I can tell that this transfer is going to be tough with him. I won´t go into detail but on Christmas he and his zone did somethings that weren´t too good. He doesn´t exactly like to obey the rules exactly and he likes to use a lot of slang that isn´t too appropriate for a missionary. I am grateful though that he wants to work though. He likes to talk with people and is really excited about the work.

I am still living with three other Elders. The other Elder, Elder Matos, stayed and his companion went to another area. Elder Matos is now training an American missionary. His name is Elder Johnson. He is pretty cool and I´ve got to know him pretty good in the last couple days. It is pretty cool to see how much I´ve grown talking to him. He is a good Elder and is really excited to learn. Last night we had an experience that was pretty funny. I think I have already told you guys but we have a drunk that lives next to us and he loves to play the guitar and sing. The only problem is that he doesn´t really know how to play and it´s pretty funny. I asked him if he wanted to go listen to him and take pictures with him and of course he said yes. I had to talk the guy into it a little and listen to him sing but we ended up getting pictures with him.

Also I got the letter that you guys sent in November the other week. Just to answer the questions. Yeah, it´s really hot here.

Thanks Cail for teaching me Portuguese. I think he knows more Portuguese than a lot of the new Elders here. I haven´t seen alot of strange animals here, I saw an armadillo and a tucan here but that´s about it. We eat rice and beans everyday and there is a ton of fruit. Also prayer is something that is really important and I too have learned a ton about it and am still learning. I think it was Caisen or Hunter that gave a scripture in Mathew, I love that verse and use it a lot. I just want to say thank you for the letters they help us like you can´t imagine. Dar um abraço para o todo mundo lá em Wamego para mim. abraços
 
This week alot of change is happening. I know that this transfer will be tough but I´m going to learn a ton. I love you guys tons.
 
Love,
Elder Zachary


 

No comments:

Post a Comment