This week we had one baptism scheduled for Sunday but due to problems with her health we weren´t able to have it but we rescheduled it for next Sunday and I am pretty certain that it fall through again because normally this problem only happens for a couple days a month. She is really excited though for her baptism. We also are going to have a baptism on the 29th of January. She is right on track, the only problem that she has is she likes to smoke but she is going to stop.
This week something really cool happened. When I was with Elder Lukas we were teaching a women named Michele and she was super good but she had to work every Sunday so she couldn´t go to church. We had to put her in the area book because she couldn´t come to church. This week I felt like I should visit her just to check up on her. After talking with her a little more we figured out that she isn´t working anymore so she can go to church and last Sunday she was there with her daughter. Also she and her husband have been fighting recently but he drove her to church and while he says he isn´t interested he is always in the room and is listening. I think next time I´m going to ask him to say a prayer.
Also I have more good news. My companion is getting alot better. I had to be really firm with him and tell him that I don´t want to ruin my mission but he seems to respect that and I think he wants to get better too. It was really weird for me to do this because I normally like to just sit back and let him do what he wants but I just can´t do that anymore. We are reading the missionary handbook everyday and I make sure that he reads the parts that he has problems with. I am greatful for the prayers that I have been receiving because I know that this couldn´t have happened without your love and support.
Also this week I decided to not be super cheap and bought some stuff that I was desperately in need of. I now have 5 soccer jerseys. I now have jerseys from Brazil, Germany, São Paulo(best team in Brazil), Corinthians(worst team in Brazil), and Chelsea. Just for all those people out there that would ask why would I buy a jersey from the Corithians. I got it for free. Also the thing that I´m holding in the picture is something that the Elders in Mogi Guaçu found in the street and decided to give it to me and put it on my bed. I think it´s a pig but I´m not really sure. It really is amazing what you can find in the streets of Brazil. Anyways I love you guys tons
Love
Elder Zachary
No comments:
Post a Comment