As for this week it was really awesome for our work. I remember one Elder was saying that our areas are good and our companions are bad or our areas are bad and our companions are good. I told my companion that I think we need to fight because I love my companion and our area is turning for the better right now. To start things off we have been working with one family a lot. The mom is our only baptism that we have had in our area. The son is a return missionary and has 31 years. He is single and has had problems with missionary work. The thing is that they love the missionaries and the son loves missionary work. He did some things in his past and hasn´t had a calling for two years. He had his final interview with the bishop this last week and received a calling. He is now our missionary work leader. It is so crazy to see his enthusiasm and at times I think he is more excited than me. He told the bishop when he was set apart that he will be annoying but the work will be hastened. He has done exactly that. I think in the last week he did more than our other leader did and he has only had the calling for over a week.
This week we have really received blessings. Whatever you guys are doing, keep doing it. We have also been working with another family that just the Grandma is a member. She has lots of grandkids that go to church with her but the moms don´t want to give permission. This last week all the moms gave consent. It is funny because both my companion and I felt like we shouldn´t talk about baptism with the family but they knew our purpose. It was funny because when one of the moms was talking with the Grandma she said that, "I don´t know why but these missionaries are different." God has really been hearing our prayers.
Other than that our week wasn´t too interesting. I have just seen a lot of blessings with my Portuguese and my knowledge of the gospel growing leaps and bounds. I love you guys so much and am super excited to talk with you guys on Christmas. Stay safe and don´t worry about how I´m gone. The members here are taking really good care of us and also we are planning on have a churrasco (BBQ). You can ask Tyler (Elder Newkirk, Zac's cousin also serving in Brazil) all about that.
I want you guys to know too that you guys help me so much. It brings me so much peace that I don´t have to worry about my family falling away from the church or weakening at all. It is really sad when Elders here don´t have families that love them the same amount that you guys love me (if that´s possible) I am looking forward to Christmas and am super excited to hear English without Portuguese influence again. It is funny because I have been trying to practice my English so much with my companion. I was trying to talk with some Americans that were in the MTC with me yesterday in English and I had to translate in my head. I am trying to develop the gift to switch languages really fast but my brain can´t do that yet. I will be praying that I can speak with you guys plainly and clearly.
Love,
Elder Saueressig
P.S. I have lots of pictures to show you guys but I left my camera in the house and its a good distance to our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment