Sunday, January 12, 2014

Week 29...Mogi Mirum, Brazil

This week was another week that really flew by! This week was both really great but really tough.

First off, I got to talk to you guys through Skype. It was really good to see all of you guys again and it will only be a short time till we talk again. Time really is going by so fast. It is crazy to think that in the next week I will have seven months on the mission. Also the transfers are going by faster than ever. This week is transfers and I´m almost positive that my companion will leave. It will be insanely hard to see him go but I have to learn to change and I´m sure I´ll grow a ton the next transfer.

As for this week, it was pretty sweet with all the Christmas parties. We had one Christmas party that was super cool. The members that we were with are pretty rich and they had a house that was huge. The members really love missionaries. They gave us bags of candy and food. Also, they had food there that was super good. They had a type of meat that is over R$ 50,00 for 1 kilo of it. They bought at least 4-5  kilos and cooked it up for us and another family. I can just say one thing after that I really love Brazil and the food here. That was just the start of the Christmas parties. We had another one with a member that lives next to us. I am really grateful for the members care so much about us. 
 
This week besides the Christmas parties was really good but was full of opposition. I think all the normal people left our city this week and went to São Paulo or Campinas and left all the drunks in the streets. It was really tough but at the end of the week it got a lot better. Our ward has problems with unity.  of members don´t talk with each other or right after church they leave and don´t try to talk with anyone. Our bishop put an end to this after giving and hour lecture to our members on unity. Then at the end he made us stand up and he said, "look at these Elders, they are giving two years of their lives and who has helped them? Imagine if your kids are on a mission and they are being treated like these missionaries here." I really don´t think that our ward is too bad but apparently he was really frustrated. I am really excited to see if this made any difference and ready to get to work again.
I love you guys tons and have a Feliz Ano Novo!!
Love
Elder Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment